Terms: Permanent, Full-Time: 40 hours per week
Shift: Monday to Friday, shifts varying between 7:00am – 6:00pm
Salary: $25.00 per hour (including $4/hour for Licensed ECE’s as per the Provincial ECE Wage Enhancement Initiative)
Benefits: Medical and Extended Health: 50% of premium paid by employer. Training AllowanceB
Vacation: 4 weeks vacation, 2 weeks sick, birthday off or day in lieu
Program Information: Under the Tree Child Care Centre (UTT) is a program of The Family Education and Support Centre which is a registered charity. (FESC). FESC is a multi-service agency that has served the communities of Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows since 1972. Under the Tree provides programs for Infant Toddler, Preschool, 3-5-year-olds, and Before and After School Care.
Our programs provide comfort to our families with the knowledge that their children will be cared and nurtured in an inclusive setting where individualities and diversities will be acknowledged, appreciated, and embraced. We provide developmentally age appropriate play opportunities for the children that are both child-centred and driven by the child’s interests with as much exposure to real life learning as possible in a structured and organized environment.
• To read, understand and follow all Under the Tree, Child Care Facility Licensing (CCFL) and legal requirements
• To interact directly with the children, providing quality care and creative programming
• To assist with the planning and implementing of a consistent child-centred program, in accordance with UTT standards.
• To establish and maintain positive daily communication and interaction with families, providing quality customer service and building meaningful relationships
• To maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including all activity and program areas, common spaces, and washrooms.
• To ensure that all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained according to licensing and UTT requirements.
• To release children only to those authorized by parent/guardian, to ask for identification to ensure that the authorized pick-up has been verified.
• To work with staff team to deliver a high quality and age appropriate programs based on UTT curriculum and to attend all UTT staff meetings and other training, as scheduled
• To maintain confidentiality of all information related to the centre, the children, their families, and staff.
• To maintain regular attendance, punctuality and to be dressed for the needs of the program.
• Early Childhood Educator License to Practice
• High level of organizational and customer service skills
• Diplomas, certificates, or other evidence of training related to child growth/development
• Experience working with children in a childcare setting
• Current First Aid certificate
• Three successful reference checks
• Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference
Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date.
• Class 4 drivers’ licence will be an asset.
• Demonstrates ability to respect and honor diversity.
• Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, outcomes and values of The Family Education and Support Centre and the Under the Tree Childcare Centre.
• Leadership: Motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
• Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear, respectful, and timely manner.
• Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to improve programs and service.
• Teamwork: The ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal results.
• Knowledge: Thorough understanding of the components required in providing quality care.
Subject to Licensing approval by Fraser Health Authority
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Childhood Educator
Location: 9975 272nd Street, Maple Ridge, BC